Sunday, July 13, 2008

Then the fight started...


And now for the less serious side of my blog. But first, let me say that ne of my big pet peeves is when I get forwarded messages in my email from friends of mine. Most of them are the kind of lovey-dovey, sappy mesages which are nice, but I really just don't want to read (by the way, I know you mean well, but just don't send it to me, OK?). But, every now and then, I am forwarded something hilarious. Such is what I will share with you today. My sister, Stephanie, who is England right now (Steph, I'll see you in a few days!) sent these to me. I hope you enjoy them.

When I got home last night, my wife demanded that I take her someplaceexpensive....so, I took her to a gas station.....And then the fight started...

After retiring, I went to the Social Security office to apply forSocialSecurity. The woman behind the counter asked me for my driver'slicenseto verify my age. I looked in my pockets and realized I had left mywallet at home.I told the woman that I was very sorry, but I would have to go homeandcome back later.The woman said, 'Unbutton your shirt'.So I opened my shirt revealing my curly silver hair.She said, 'That silver hair on your chest is proof enough for me'and she processed my Social Security application.When I got home, I excitedly told my wife about my experience at theSocial Security office.She said, 'You should have dropped your pants. You might have gottendisability, too'And then the fight started.....

My wife and I were sitting at a table at my high school reunion, and Ikept staring at a drunken lady swigging her drink as she sat alone atanearby table.My wife asked,' Do you know her?''Yes,' I sighed, 'She's my old girlfriend. I understand she took todrinking right after we split up those many years ago, and I hear shehasn't been sober since.''My God!' says my wife, 'Who would think a person could go oncelebrating that long?'And then the fight started...

I rear-ended a car this morning.So, there we were alongside the road ! and slowly the other drivergotoutof his car.You know how sometimes you just get soooo stressed and little thingsjust seem funny?Yeah, well I couldn't believe it.... he was a DWARF!!!He stormed over to my car, looked up at me while I was laughing, andshouted, 'I AM NOTHAPPY!!!'So, I looked down at him and said, 'Well, then which one are you?'And then the fight started.....

I hope you had a good laugh!

3 comments:

Derek said...

Palo, you're missing a lot of spaces, what's that about?



Also, do I see referenced seeing your sister, does that mean you will be going to Europe?



Can we start the "Final Countdown"?

Chris said...

Sorry about the lack of spaces. I'll get around to cleaning that up when I fell like...which will be never.

Yes, I will be going to Europe. I am also playing "Final Countdown" by Europe as we speak. How's that for coincidence? Before I leave, I should get Bossman to sing it for me, serenade style. Think he'll go for it?

slpalo said...

Nice entry - thanks for the props. These still make me laugh every time I read them. See you in a few days!